Living life in the fast lane of the dating highway leaves you with very little time to think before you act. Some single women get so happy at the prospect of a date that they hardly consider what they really want it to lead to.
Many women find themselves right back where they started after years of dating because they never took the time to really consider what will make them happy. There are some very important things to consider beforehand that will ensure you find you find your dream man and not yourself – in another dating rut.
1. Be prepared – decide who you're looking for and be ready to commit to a relationship.
2. Get your act together – begin a regime of looking your best.
3. Go shopping and treat yourself to new clothes or even a whole new look – people appreciate appearance.
4. Have a good think about what your dating goals are – do you see yourself married within two years? If not, ask yourself why you're actually dating and what you hope to achieve.
5. Avoid negative friends and attend the right kind of social functions.
6. When selecting potential partners, don't aim low, but do aim realistically.
7. Work out in advance where in your neighborhood you're likely to meet men, such as
clubs, societies, sports events, drama groups or workshops.
8. Take time off from dating occasionally to recharge.
9. Enjoy dating for what it is, and get as much as you can out of the company of new and stimulating individuals.
10. Never make yourself too available. Men like mystery and the thrill of the "chase" when dating!
Follow Women24 on Twitter and like us on Facebook.