Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban? Vote and share your reasons why.
We all agree that taxi drivers are a nightmare to deal with on the road, right? You know it’s a serious problem when they’re found guilty of murder. But even normal citizens can be really crappy drivers.
If you’ve ever had to travel across our country, you’ve probably realised that each city has its own set of quirks.
As a Capetonian, I’m aware that others think we’re slow. In the same breadth, however, I am shocked at how aggressive Jozi drivers are and at how mindless Durbanites can be.
This got me thinking... When it comes to life behind the wheel in our busy CBDs, which city takes the rotten fall?
A few of my choice driving quibbles include:
· People who drive too fast (calm down, not everything works in your time),
· People who drive too slow (speed up, grandma, I’m late for a meeting!),
· Drivers who don’t indicate (where did you buy your license?),
· Anyone who straddles lanes (GREAT. Just hog the road, why don’t you?),
· The idiots who violate some very basic traffic rules,
· Those who are reckless (I’d like to get home alive, please),
· The guys who are rude (stop sticking your finger up at me, jerk),
· People who cause obstructions (you want to U-Turn here? Really?),
· Anyone who’s dangerous (yes, I’m looking at you again, taxi drivers).
The reality is that bad drivers do exist and unfortunately they are everywhere. In fact, YOU may be one of them.
But - and let’s be frank about this - just as some cities rank higher on the tourism scale, others rank lower on the driving scale.
Which city – in your opinion – has the worst drivers and why?
By: Meagan Karstens