Deena Govender matriculated in 1976 at Montarena High School in Chatsworth, Durban, during his matric year he was Head Prefect and won the Dux Award. After high school he attended the University of KwaZulu-Natal where he graduated with a BSC degree, majoring in Physiology and Zoology.
Deena worked as a Lab Technician at Pandora Pharmaceuticals, Gauteng, for two years after which he returned to Durban to work for Robertson Spices in their QC Laboratory for 6 years.
Currently he is the Quality Assurance Manager for Rentokil South Africa and has been with Rentokil for 21 years. His responsibilities include the setting, monitoring, maintaining and improving of health, quality, technical and safety standards and he oversees five branches located in Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Zululand, East London and Bloemfontein.
As part of his journey at Rentokil, he has travelled to the United Kingdom to receive infield quality and technical training. He has also trained several staff members both locally and in Mauritius. He has also visited Malaysia to attend Technical Development Workshops for Field Biologists from Asia and South Africa.
- Qualified Assessor.
- HIV/AIDS Champion at Rentokil.
- Committee Member of the KZN Branch of SAPCA (South African Pest Control Association).
- Completed the National Certificate in Pest Control and HACCP/Food Safety Courses.
- Qualified Wood Borer Inspector.
- Completed a Diploma in Small Business Management (with distinction) through Damelin College.
- Completed the Zulu Language Course through UNISA.
- Won the First Technical & Training Manager's Trophy in 2007 in recognition of improving professionalism, camaraderie and boosting morale within Rentokil.