Add your own funky colour to a rose bouquet in a few fun steps.
The idea is quite straightforward: A bunch of bloomed, white roses will absorb food colouring through their stems, and when they bloom, their petals will come out in the colours that you chose!
The execution might take a little concentration and a lot of patience but it sounds fun right?
So here’s how:
What you need:
- A bunch of white roses
- Heavy duty scissors
- Food Colouring
- Glass jars
Now follow these steps:
• Carefully split the bottom part of each rose stem with scissors. (Remember, the ideal roses are one’s that haven’t bloomed yet)
• Make sure you split the stems into the number of colours you want the rose to have.
• Fill a jar with water and add some drops of food colouring. Add a different colour to each jar – depending on the effect you want.
• Place the piece of rose stem into the different colours that you want it to be. Each rose will have to have its own jars as it must be dipped in all the colours at once.
• Allow the roses to sit in the jars for at least 24 hours to absorb the water.
• You can then cut off the split ends and place in a vase.
• Depending on your kind of rose, the flower should start blooming in 3-4 weeks.
You can now literally add your favourite colours to your home with these beautiful coloured blossoms.
Follow Women24 on Twitter.
Are you keen on trying this?
By: Kay Kekana