The easiest and most affordable DIY fashion accessory EVER.
A few weeks ago, I introduced you to one of our readers, Anje Haupt , who sent us a link to her fabulous creative blog titled Made in Pretoria.
We loaded one of her very simple and practical tutorials on the site and surprise, surprise... DIY Painted Jeggings proved a hit!
So, without further ado, the next of her projects for you to try:
A DIY Woven Clutch – made with a placemat!
What you will need:
• A woven placemat,
• All-purpose glue,
• A clasp (available at craft stores –or steal one off an old handbag), and
• A brooch.
1. Fold the placemat into thirds, with the fold on the outside, not reaching the edge.
2. Use the all-purpose glue, and stick the two inside folds together. Hold it in place, using bobby pins or pegs, until it dries.
3. Sew the clasp on the inside of the flap, and measure where its partner would fit on the outside. Sew that one too. You can also use magnets, or self-adhesive Velcro.
4. Add the brooch for the final touch.
To see more of ‘Miss Anna Banana’s’ DIY tips and tricks, visit the ‘Made In Pretoria’ Facebook page or follow Miss Anna Banana on Twitter
Follow Women24 on Twitter and Meagan on Twitter.
By: Meagan Karstens