You can transform an old pair of shoes from fugly to fab following these easy steps.
I am so in love with the ombre trend that I had to share yet another fun to make fashion must have!
The dip dye technique will add some fabulous colour to your outfits this summer.
The steps are simple and easy to follow and work with both pumps and “Tomy Takkies” or sneakers .
But first here’s what you’ll need…
- A pair of old pumps/sneakers .
- Old sponge or a sponge brush
- Measuring spoon
- 6 Tablespoons of salt
- Liquid Dye( Purple, Teal)
1. First prepare your dye baths:
• Boil about 4 litres of water.
• Pour ¼ litres of water, add 3 tablespoons of salt in a container.
• Then add about 3 table spoons of liquid dye. Do the same for both the purple and teal dyes.
2. Dip the front part of the shoe in the purple dye and remove.
Then dip about 2-3 cm into the same dye for 3min, to make the front tip darker. Let it dry.
3.To finish it up, you will brush on the teal dye moving from the back of the shoe to the front. Make sure you leave about a cm or so gap unpainted between the two colours (teal and purple).
4. Clean the colour off your sponge under running water, then paint on some water to smoothen out the ombre in the gap that you left.
5. Leave your shoes to dry fully,
And there you have your very own ombre pumps.
Visit swellmayde.com for more DIY fashion.
Would you try the DIY ombre shoe:
By: Kay Kekana