This season’s perfect hair accessory can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.
And the bonus?
It’s the perfect way to hide away your bad hair day!
Ask Redken Creative Consultant Guido, who created this “carefree, youthful style” for the Spring 2013 Marc by Marc Jacobs show recently.
"This is a very easy, simple hairstyle. We wrapped these bright fabrics around the head, and then pinned the hair up into a very messy chignon.
It feels very young, lighthearted and nonchalant. It's a mix of inspiration from the 70s and 80s and almost has a punky feel to it."
Create the Look:
1. Start with damp hair and spray root-targeted product throughout. This will give it some texture and ensure that when it's fastened up, it will hold.
2. Rough dry hair brushing straight back with a boar-bristle brush.
3. Wrap fabric/ headband/headscarf/turban around head, tying at the nape of the neck.
4. Gather hair into a loose ponytail and secure with an elastic at the ends of the hair.
5. Fold the loose ponytail up into a messy chignon and pin with open fasteners.
6. Mist entire style with finishing spray.
Photos Courtesy of Redken.
Looking for the latest in hair fashion? For more information visit Redken.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.