Jennifer Chatburn of ghd South Africa offers the following maintenance tips:
Caring for your iron:
• Do not wrap the power cord around your styler as this may cause the wires inside to break;
• Keep your styler clean by removing excess product by using a damp cloth. Wet wipes actually work the best;
• Never use abrasive products e.g. Handy Andy to clean your styler;
• Never hang the styler by its cord;
• Always plug your styler into its own plug socket. Appliances such as cell phone chargers can cause a power surge which can cause your styler to fuse. Be sure to unplug it when not in use;
• Invest in a ghd roll bag as it is specially designed to keep your styler protected when you travel. It has a division in the middle to separate the cord from the styler when packed away whilst it is still hot e.g. after you used it at the gym. If the hot styler comes into contact with the power cable it can damage the cord;
• If your styler breaks and still within the warranty period, send to ghd repairs instead of getting someone to try and fix it.
Caring for your hairdryer:
• Never cover the blower or intake opening as this could damage the dryer;
• Ensure you remove and clean the air filter at the back of the dryer on a regular basis to ensure free airflow;
• Never operate the dryer with the rear filter removed;
• Always unplug when not in use.
General care for ghd tools:
• Ensure that you keep the white warranty tag attached to the power cable of your styler and hairdryer – without this you will lose your warranty.
Tip: to make sure the tag doesn’t fall off by accident sellotape it to the cord;
• Never cut the two-prong plug off your hairdryer or styler as the universal voltage adapter is housed in the actual plug and this will result in you losing your warranty.
Have any tips that you want to share? Leave a comment in the box below.
Follow Women24 on Twitter.