Discover your personal style and ask Tracy Gold for help with your fashion foibles. Read more
What is a standard office wear for women aged 30-35 yrs. I am a training advisor and I am not allowed to wear pants because of my culture. My boss seems to be having a problem with the way I dress eg. sleeveless blouses, knee length skirts. and I am so comfortable in them. Please help.
When it comes to advising women on how to create a professional look, the first thing I focus on is teaching them how to dress for their body shapes. By doing so, they automatically look and feel better, and carry themselves with greater confidence.
Here are just a few dos and don'ts of professional dress:
If you have a generous bust, do:
- Wear scoop or V-necklines as they prevent your bust from looking like one BIG BOOB!
- Get properly fitted for a bra. It can literally take off centimeters.
Be careful not to:
- Wear very low necklines that reveal your cleavage.
- Wear a bra that is doesn’t fit properly. A badly fitted bra can make your bust look larger than it is or make your tops and blouses fit badly.
If you have wide upper arms, do:
- Wear ¾ length or long bell sleeves to detract from less toned arms and allows for comfort and style.
- Wear strappy or sleeveless tops and dresses.
- Wear short sleeves that are tight around your upper arm.
If you have wide thighs, do:
- Wear full length skirts or skirts that end just below the knee with a healed shoe to give extra height.
- Wear skirts above the knee.
I hope this helps.