It started with Adele cutting her own fringe in school. Since then she's been to Carlton Hair Academy and now she's here to help you! Read more
Hi Shoneez, I'm thinking of getting weaves, but I'm worried about the damage that it could do to my hair. Are there any potential side-effects? And what should I do to take care of my natural hair once I've put the weave in?
Yes, a weave could damage your hair if it is left in your hair for too long and if it is not done by a professional. So be careful!
Please see below the tips on how to take care of your weave:
- Always make sure you moisturize your hair before putting in a weave.
- Don't relax your hair prior to weaving your hair.
- Do scalp treatments while you have the weave in.
- Make sure you dry your natural hair properly when washing your weave.
- Push the hairdryer under the weft.
- Base your scalp with a nourishing scalp treatment once a week.
- Change your weave every 6 to 8 weeks to prevent heaviness and tension on your natural hair.
Do you prefer braids? Be careful that your hair doesn't start falling out. Read this.
Follow Spoilt Hair Salon on Twitter and Women24.