Christine | 2011/03/17
Dark circles around the eye
I have been using Clarins eye gel to assist with dark circles around the eye area, and would like to know if there is an intensive eye cream that could assist with this problem on ethnic skin?
Generally dark circles are genetic, but you can make them look less obvious by trying the following remedies:
Thin slices of cucumber applied to your eyes not only helps to lighten the skin, but also soothes and cools the eyes. This can be especially comforting if you've been up late the night before or your eyes are red and tired from allergies or staring at a laptop screen.
- Lay down on your back (because it's easier to balance the cucumber slices that way). Lay thin slices of cucumber on your eyes, making sure they have contact with the skin under the eyes.
- Leave them on for 5-10 minutes.
- It's a good idea to set your alarm clock if you're doing this early in the morning.
- Be careful not to get cucumber juice in your eyes.
The caffeine in tea bags
acts as a remedy for dark circles by diminishing puffiness. Caffeine in tea helps to diminish water in the tissues around the eyes (you'll notice that many early eye circle creams contain caffeine for this very reason). In addition, tea contains antioxidants that are beneficial to the skin.
- Take a used tea bag (green, black or white) that's been squeezed out. Make sure it's cool! Leave it over your eyes for about 10 minutes.
- You'll see a noticeable improvement in puffiness and under-eye circles. Be careful not to get tea in your eyes.
Herbal tea bags are not useful as a remedy for dark circles, except for chamomile tea.
- Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory that can help reduce swelling and puffiness.
The information provided does not constitute a professional diagnosis of your problem. You should consult a health care practitioner,
lawyer or other appropriate professional for formal advice. Women24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or
personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.