Many celebs have quit the social network (some more than once), so I'd like to know, what would make you stop posting tweets?
Sure there are many benefits to using Twitter, some of which we've listed here. But not everyone is a fan of the social network – as these stars discovered.
• Courtney Love quit three times – the final time being after she'd posted nude pics of herself on the site.
• Boy George stopped tweeting because he was bombarded with spam.
• Alec Baldwin did the same after he was kicked off a flight because he wouldn't switch off his phone (mid-tweet, I'm guessing?).
• There was that delightfully bitchy Vogue twitter account which was shut down too.
• And most recently, Nicki Minaj closed her account after a fansite leaked her music online. (Although the way she put it was: "A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that's what I did." Erm… okaaay…)
But that's all high-profile people. What I'm really interested in is why normal people, like you – you're normal, right? – would stop tweeting.
Tell me, if there's one thing that would aggravate you to the point of killing your account, what would it be? If it's not in this list, post it in the comments below.
Follow Kele on Twitter.
By: Kele Scheppers