So, finally the time has come for tech junkies to decide whether or not the latest edition to the iPhone family has been worth all the hype. Number 5 has arrived to mixed reviews. Some say its totes amazeballs, while others seem to have experienced a terrible let down.
I’ve never been an Apple kind of girl, preferring PC’s to Macs, and Blackberries to iPhones. Lame? Maybe, but it’s just a personal preference.
But perhaps I have been missing out, especially when it comes to the iPhone. Just reading about it makes me consider getting rid of my brick-like Blackberry to become the owner of a new, thin, sleek, shiny iPhone 5.
Peter DaSilva of The New York Times summed up the most noteworthy features and additions of the iPhone 5, and his was by far the most comprehensive (and understandable) review out there.
So, girls, here are some things you might want to know:
• The iPhone 5 is the same width as its predecessor…
•…but being taller and thinner, it has a sleeker look to it. Sleek is good.
• Light is also good, especially for our handbags. And guess what? The iPhone 5 is 20% lighter! Yay!
• The added screen length means that a fifth row of icons can now fit on the home screen. Facebook maybe, or Twitter?
• The new design is also to die for - with an aluminum back and ceramic glass strips on the top and bottom (for better wireless signal.)
• “I feel a need. The need for speed!” and the iPhone 5’s processor is twice as fast.
• Another awesome improvement? The eight-megapixel model camera with an f/2.4 aperture –which lets in tons of light for
taking the perfect picture. And you can take photos while recording a video! Just think of the possibilities…
• Oh, and you won’t have to worry about charging your phone all the damn time, as the latest baby has a waaay better battery life with eight hours of talk time or Web browsing.
Follow Women24 on Twitter.
So, these are only a few features that make the iPhone 5 stand out. What do you think? Would you buy it once it graces our shores?