While many of us thought that bullying would stop once we left school it turned out we were wrong. Bullying, it seems, is just in some people’s nature.
From bitchiness and backstabbing at the office to stealing sales and bad-mouthing co-workers on the sales floor, the truth is that bullies and jerks are everywhere; the question is:
Are you one of them?
Want to find out? Just indicate whether the following statements are true or false:
1. Your co-workers are more like competitors than teammates.
2. When you talk to people they tend to avoid direct eye contact, quickly become nervous and scurry away as soon as an opening becomes available.
3. Your job of pointing out others’ mistakes is taken seriously, because really, how else are the idiots going to learn?
4. You would be quick to admit your own mistakes if ever you made any…
5. Your jokes can get a bit personal sometimes, but c’mon, you’ve got to admit they’re funny!
6. People seem guarded when you speak to them, but then again these fools always seem to be gossiping about something or other.
7. You don’t trust the people you work with and they sure as hell don’t trust you.
8. You kind of enjoy watching others squirm and suffer, who doesn’t?
9. One of the most useful forms of communication is the glare.
10. You find it terribly difficult to be genuinely pleased when someone who is not you does something right for a change.
If you answered “True” to more than a few of these you might want to rethink the way you choose to interact with people, or risk forever being known as “that jerk at work”.
Staff Training is a South African soft skills training company. Contact us at info@StaffTraining.co.za for more information on any of our +30 training workshops or call (021) 839 3021.