Job Title: IT Talent Specialist
I provide specialist Talent Solutions in the Digital, IT, Mobile, Web, E-commerce, New Media and Sales spheres, to clients and candidates across a wide range of business sectors. My focus is on providing prompt talent expertise to clients, in addition to attracting highly accomplished talent to my network.
A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology will definitely set you apart in the recruitment industry but is not a pre-requisite. I combined my BA degree in Industrial Psychology with an IT qualification which helps me significantly since I specialize in placements in the Technology sector.
1. How did you get into your line of work?
I started out as an Office Manager at a recruitment agency after which I moved on to a private tertiary education group, placing their IT Graduates in their first jobs! Before I started Navy Blue Suits, I also worked as a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist at a national recruitment agency.
2. What's the first thing you do when you get into the office?
Caffeine and emails!
3. To do my job, you have to love… working under pressure, against strict deadlines and making people's career dreams come true. Since you are privy to confidential information from both clients and candidates, high integrity and diplomacy is also of the utmost importance.
4. I spend most of my day… meeting new candidates and clients.
5. What is the worst aspect of your job? Dishonest candidates.
6. What is the best thing about your job?
Being able to assist someone in taking their career to the next level and in turn see that candidate positively impact your clients' business.
7. The next job up from yours is… expanding my agency nationally.
8. What's the one thing no-one knows about your job? With big search assignments, you sometimes have to screen more than 50 CVs a day!
9. What is the starting salary of someone in your job? Usually you have a basic salary + commission, which depend entirely on your monthly targets.
10. If you weren't an IT Talent Specialist, what would your dream job be? A motivational speaker.
For more information, go to www.navybluesuits.co.za.
Follow Women24 on Twitter.