Need help planning your wedding? Ask Aleit, the founder of South Africa's premier wedding and events coordination consultancy...
Wat is die korrekte volgorde waarin heildronke ingestel word?
Hi there, I found this traditional line up of speeches on www.i-do.com.au...
1. Toast to the Bride and Groom
2. Response and toast to the Bridal Party by the Groom
3. Response on behalf of the Bridal Party by the Best Man
4. Toast to the Bride's Parents
5. Response by the Bride's Father
6. Toast to the Groom's Parents
7. Response by the Groom's Father
Telegrams (emails) - If time is short then wedding telegrams are usually the first to be wiped from the program. A groomsman or a bridesmaid usually reads out the telegrams.
These days the bride nearly always makes a wedding speech. The bride usually speaks after the parents or if you are a not a keen public speaker, a good time is at the cutting of the cake.
If know that your mother, bridesmaid or someone outside of the traditional wedding speakers will make a great speech then nothing should stop you from asking them. Five speakers are usually enough.
Remember that each wedding and couple are different and if this line-up does not work for you, change as you see fit!